At the Israel Experience, we take your development as a Jewish leader seriously, and we also seek to help you develop skills that will benefit you professionally and personally. There are 4 leadership tracks to choose from:
- Magen David Adom first responder course
- Beit Midrash Program
- Chessed/Community Service
- Israel Advocacy training
- Participants spend one semester training to be a first-responder medic at a Magen David Adom facility.
- Once certified, the second semester volunteer hours are spent doing full ambulance shifts.
- This is a unique opportunity to gain hands-on skills and experience, especially if one is interested in a career in medicine.
Students are required to select only 1 leadership track, but may choose up to 3 tracks, schedule permitting.
Beit Midrash Program
- This track is for students who want to even more Jewish learning than the 3-4 hours of Judaic courses provided daily.
- Participants are matched with their choice of staff member for a weekly one-on-one learning session on the topic of their choice.
- One evening a week, students participate in a ‘chabura night’ where they learn in small groups under the guidance of educators.
- One evening a week, a special guest lecturer speaks on a contemporary spiritual topic.
- There are also options to attend yeshiva/seminary during vacation time and free Shabbats.
- Select from a range of weekly volunteer options including: underprivileged youth, animal shelter, developing-world children in need of heart surgery, and more.
- This is a great way to make a difference in Israel, as well as connect with the Israeli people.
Israel Advocacy training
- This course educates, trains and inspires students to advocate for Israel against the anti-Israel propaganda prevalent at North American universities.
- Participants learn the history and politics of Israel, explore aspects of the Arab-Israeli conflict, receive advanced training on communicating for Israel and answering difficult questions, and gain resources for campus activism.
- The course alternates between weekly expert lectures, interactive workshops, and eye-opening field trips.
- In partnership with Stand With Us and Jerusalem U