Israel XP is open to all Jewish students, regardless of level of observance. Participants must observe the rules and expectations of the program, which includes Modern Orthodox observance of Shabbat, kashrut, attire, and behavior.
The admissions committee evaluates the following factors:
- Grades and high school diploma
- Personal essay
- Personal interview
- A good SAT or ACT score will increase chances of acceptance (optional)
The online application must be accompanied by:
- Two references (including at least one teacher and one rabbi)
- Transcripts (and test results if applicable)
- Non-refundable application fee of $180
- An additional pre-interview form
We have rolling admission and acceptance, so we do not have application deadlines. However, we generally fill to capacity each term, so it is beneficial to apply early.
If accepted, applicants can elect to reserve their spots with a non-refundable deposit, as long as space permits. Once enrolled, participants receive regular informational packets and updates, and may contact our staff at any time for additional help in preparing for our program.