The student dorms are currently located in the nearby town of Ramat Ef’al, centrally located between Ramat Gan and Kiryat Ono, and near to the Aluf Sadeh bus stop. On Mondays through Thursdays, buses shuttle students back and forth to the Bar Ilan campus. On Sunday some classes are offered at the dorms, and on Friday and Shabbat there are no classes.
The dorm site includes the following amenities:
- Basketball court
- Weight room
- Volley ball, ping-pong, foosball, air hockey, fire pit
- A moadon (hangout room) just for Israel Experience students
- Nearby health club with discounted membership for Israel Experience students
- Nearby grocery store, dry cleaner, several parks, free outdoor fitness machines
- Several nearby kosher restaurants
Staff families live on site to create a safe and welcoming ‘home away from home’ environment.
The women’s dorms are apartment-style, with 2 people to a room and usually 2 rooms to an apartment. Each apartment has 1-2 bathrooms, and a fridge and freezer. Every 4 apartments also share a kitchen. There is a madricha (dorm counselor) in each building.
The men are housed in one large 3-story building with 2 people per room. Each room has a private bathroom and there are 2 kitchens on each floor. There are several madrichim (dorm counselors) in the building.
There is a full time security guard (24/7) at the entrance to the dorm site. There is also a night guard at the entrance to Ramat Efal, the small town is which the dorms are located.